Overseas trained teachers

As one of the largest employers in the southern hemisphere, the NSW Department of Education and Communities values the contribution our qualified, overseas teachers make in our multicultural school communities. 


If you are a qualified teacher who is travelling to Australia on a working holiday visa, you may be ideally placed for casual teaching in NSW public schools.

With casual teaching approval, you'll be able to teach across the curriculum in both primary and secondary schools, regardless of your area of teacher training. You'll be paid a generous daily wage and enjoy flexible working conditions. Combined with the opportunity to travel and work in city, coastal and country schools, you're sure to have some great experiences.

If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident with overseas teaching qualifications, you may be eligible for casual, temporary and permanent employment in NSW public schools. To obtain your approval to teach with us, you will need to fulfil requirements as set out by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) and the Department.


This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.

Keep up to date

facebook twitter flickr youtube

* indicates required