Join our extensive network of professional and support staff, and play a part in delivering quality education, training and other key community services in NSW.
With a workforce in excess of 100,000, we are one of Australia's leading employers. Consider the many opportunities for you to make a difference.
Find our advertised positions
- Permanent classroom teacher, executive and principal positions
- Permanent school administrative and support staff positions
- Permanent school administrative and support staff positions (internal)
- Temporary school based positions
- Corporate positions (external)
- Career Development Opportunities across DEC (internal staff only)
- TAFE positions
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be made online through jobs.nsw. Those applying for school positions must submit their application by 4.00pm EST on the closing date.
Information to assist applicants
- Guide to application writing for classroom teacher positions (PDF .9MB)
- Guide to application writing for executive staff and principal positions (PDF .1MB)
Previous page limits for teacher, executive and principal applications no longer apply. However, applicants need to ensure they address the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner. The links below provide guides on how to submit an application for advertised school positions on jobs.nsw.
- Applicant's guide to using jobs.nsw for school positions part 1
- Applicant's guide to using jobs.nsw for school positions part 2
- Submitting attachments with your application – taking care not to delete (PDF .6MB)
Career opportunities within the Office of Communities
The information contained in this section of the website deals with careers in education and training. For details about employment opportunities in some of the department's other agencies, go to their websites below:
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Commission for Children and Young People
- Illawarra Venues Authority
- Parramatta Stadium Trust
- Sport and Recreation.