Review of NQF
Commonwealth and State and Territory Governments are seeking further feedback as part of the ongoing Review of the National Partnership Agreement on the National Quality Agenda for Early Childhood Education and Care (2014 Review).
Feedback provided through the public consultation process in early 2014 was incorporated into a Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) for consultation.
The consultation RIS presented options for changes to the National Quality Framework. These included:
- Refining the National Quality Standard and assessment and rating process
- Removing supervisor certificate requirements
- Expanding the scope of services covered by the NQF
- Extending some liability to educators
- Changes to prescribed fees
- Introduction of a national educator to child ratio for outside school hours care services
- Improved oversight of and support within family day care services
Information sessions were held in New South Wales during November 2014, as follows:
|Newcastle|| Wednesday 12 November |
|Sydney|| Thursday 13 November |
|Penrith|| Monday 17 November |
|Parramatta|| Monday 17 November |
|Wollongong|| Thursday 20 November |
|Albury|| Thursday 20 November |
Friday 21 November
For those unable to attend any of the sessions, there was also an opportunity to provide feedback by making a written submission or an online comment, or by participating in an online survey. The closing date for submissions, survey completion and online comments was Friday 16 January 2015. Further information is available on the NQF Review microsite.
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.