Great Teaching Inspired Learning
The information on this page will be moving soon.
We're in the process of moving our content to the new education.nsw.gov.au to align with the Global Experience Framework. We're taking a customer focus and leading the way in government digital transformation.
Stay tuned for more details.
Reforms span the whole career cycle of a teacher from initial teacher training and induction for beginning teachers, through to recognising and valuing experienced teachers and supporting potential school leaders.
Reforms and milestones
- Attracting the best and brightest into teaching
- Strengthening the professional experience in partnership with
- Improving the evidence base for our teaching workforce.
- Better support for beginning teachers
- Streamlined probation and accreditation processes
- Improved induction support
for beginning permanent,
temporary and casual teachers.
- Strengthened performance management and development processes
- Improving the management of underperformance.
- Moving to a standards-based career structure
- Strengthening school leadership
- Sharing and using evidence and good practice.
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.