Class 3 contracts
The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 requires the publication of a copy of the contract document (minus commercial-in-confidence content) for all Class 3 contracts on the department's website.
Class 3 definition
A Class 3 contract has at least one of the following characteristics which makes it a Class 2 contract AND it is valued at $5m or more:
- there has not been a tender process, the proposed contract has not been made publicly available and the terms and conditions of the contract have been negotiated directly with the contractor, or
- the proposed contract (whether or not made publicly available) has been the subject of a tendering process and the terms and conditions of the contract have been substantially negotiated with the successful tenderer, or
- the obligations of one or more parties under the contract to maintain or operate infrastructure or assets could continue for 10 years or more, or
- the contract involves a privately financed project as defined by guidelines published by the Treasury (as in force from time to time), or
- the contract involves a transfer of a significant asset of the agency concerned to another party to the contract in exchange for the transfer of an asset to the agency.
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.
Procurement queries for NSW Department of Education
phone: 1300 32 32 32 (option 4)
Help and support for eTendering and state government contracts
p: 1800 679 289