Your teaching subjects and location preferences are two major factors that can greatly enhance your employment or promotion prospects.
The staffing of schools takes place on an ongoing basis. If you are an approved teacher seeking employment, transfer or promotion, it would be useful for you to know our staffing procedures. It is also in your best interest to keep your contact details up to date on our system.
To maximise your employment and career development opportunities in NSW public schools, consider the following:
- Be prepared to go where the jobs are
- Make the Teacher Employment Priority Scheme work for you
- Consider sponsored training
- Update your staffing codes
- Think about promotion and transfer opportunities.
Provided your approval to teach remains valid, your application for permanent employment or transfer remains current until you are appointed or you withdraw your application.