School Counselling Services Scholarships
School Psychologist Graduate Scholarship Program - Master of Professional Psychology Scholarship
The School Psychologist Graduate Scholarship Program supports psychology graduates to complete a Master of Professional Psychology program and become a school psychologist working in rural or metropolitan NSW public schools.
This scholarship offers:
- Up to $26,000 tuition allowance for full-time, full fee paying students
- Up to $6,000 appointment allowance
- $1,500 text book and incidentals allowance
- Supervised practicum placements in schools of up to 300 hours
- One year full-time internship
- Ongoing employment as a school psychologist upon satisfactory completion of the internship in NSW public schools in areas of workforce need.
Note: The tuition allowance component of the scholarship benefit will be adjusted based on individual university or institution's fees and charges for the Master of Professional Psychology program
Additional benefits may be available to interns and employees working in certain rural NSW locations.
Eligibility to apply for this scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the School Psychologist Graduate Scholarship, you must:
- have completed an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved 4th year in Psychology
- be enrolled in a Master of Professional Psychology program at an APAC approved university or institution
- have or be able to obtain a NSW Working with Children Check clearance
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen
- hold a current and valid NSW driver's licence with permission to drive by oneself.
Download the program summary (DOCX 53 KB)
Download the psychology Info Pack (DOCX 295 KB)
Appendix 3 Referee_Report (DOCX 53 KB)
Appendix 6 Proof of ID (PDF 188 KB)
Appendix 7 Declaration for Child-related Work (PDF 455 KB)
Appendix 8 Informed Consent Form National Police Checking Service-Form (PDF 352 KB)
Appendix 9 Pre-employment Health Declaration form (PDF 197 KB)
Applications open on 15 March 2017 and close on 26 April 2017
For further information, please contact:
Psychology Service Development Coordinator, Student Engagement and Interagency Partnerships
Telephone: (02) 9244 5424
Remind me to apply for the School Psychologist Graduate Scholarship Program - Master of Professional Psychology Scholarship before the closing date.
Supported Students, Successful Students Graduate Scholarship Program – Master of Teaching (School Counselling)
Scholarships for the Supported Students, Successful Students Graduate Scholarship Program supports psychology graduates to complete the Master of Teaching (School Counselling) program at the University of Sydney and become a school counsellor working in rural or metropolitan NSW public schools.
Graduates will gain valuable knowledge under the guidance and supervision of experienced school counsellors in schools.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Sign up to our alerts and be notified when applications open in 2017.
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.