Director, Business Systems (Job reference number: 00002A25)
Applications close: 20 December 2013
- Opportunity to provide strategic direction, leadership and management of business systems that underpin the work of the Schools portfolio, networks and schools
- Located in Sydney and contract of up to 5 years
- Attractive remuneration
The Director, Business Systems will provide strategic direction, leadership and management of business systems that underpin the work of the Schools portfolio, networks and schools.
The position's occupant will plan, lead and develop effective working relationships with other areas such as the Learning Management and Business Reform Program, Asset Management and Information Technology Directorate and develop strategic business partnerships to secure ongoing contractual arrangements to support events, programs and initiatives.
The Director, Business Systems will also plan, lead and manage projects across the Schools portfolio ensuring appropriate project methodology is used.
- Demonstrated understanding of current educational and operational issues affecting public school education in NSW.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate requirements for the delivery of complex business systems projects within Government and departmental guidelines that support the delivery of public school education in NSW.
- Extensive experience in the management of large projects in an educational context at a senior level.
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in leadership and change management.
- Highly developed communication, liaison, interpersonal and problem solving skills with an ability to establish and maintain networks with a large range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven strategic analysis, research, planning and reporting skills.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Capacity to lead staff in implementing the Department's Aboriginal education and training policies and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people.
The position is in the NSW Senior Executive Service and is located in Sydney. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $209,801 to $238,300 per annum and a contract of up to five years will be negotiated.
For enquiries, contact Cheryl Best, Executive Director, Learning and Business Systems, Department of Education and Communities, telephone (02) 9561 8059 or by email to email@example.com.
Applicants must apply through www.jobs.nsw.gov.au(search by job reference number 00002A25).
Applications will be reviewed for shortlisting in the new year of 2014.
- This is a child-related position. If you are not currently employed in a child-related position in the Department, you will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/New-Working-with-Children-Check.
- If you currently participate in a salary packaging scheme and package any item other than superannuation (for example, a novated lease motor vehicle) you are advised to seek independent financial advice.
- For information on the Department of Education and Communities, visitwww.dec.nsw.gov.au.
- For conditions of employment for officers in the NSW Senior Executive Service, visit http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/public_employment/senior_executive_service.
- This position will be subject to the new executive structure and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector. These reforms are expected to be introduced over the next three years. Details of the proposed reforms can be found at the following link: http://www.psc.nsw.gov.au/Sector-Reform/Public-Sector-Reform.
This site uses Google Translate, a free language translation service, as an aid. Please note translation accuracy will vary across languages.