Join our extensive network of professional and support staff, and play a part in delivering quality education, training and other key community services in NSW.
With a workforce in excess of 100,000, we are one of Australia's leading employers. Consider the many opportunities for you to make a difference.
Find our advertised positions
IMPORTANT NOTICE: From 8 October 2014 all permanent school positions advertised externally will be posted on the jobs.nsw job board (http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au/) where all job opportunities available across the entire NSW Government sector are placed. As an applicant, if you wish to specifically limit your search to jobs in the Department of Education and Communities, please use the search capabilities within jobs.nsw to refine your search for jobs of interest to you. The ‘Search Guide' provides you with a simple Step by Step process to refine your job search using the available selection criteria. If you use the links provided below the job search will already be refined for you.
- Permanent classroom teacher, executive and principal positions
- Permanent school administrative and support staff positions
- Permanent school administrative and support staff positions (internal)
- Temporary school based positions
- Corporate positions (external)
- Career Development Opportunities across DEC (internal staff only)
- TAFE positions
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be made online through jobs.nsw. Those applying for school positions must submit their application by 4.00pm EST on the closing date.
Information to assist applicants
- Guide to application writing for classroom teacher positions (PDF .9MB)
- Guide to application writing for executive staff and principal positions (PDF .1MB)
- Guide to meeting the selection criteria of recent school based experience for non school based teaching service positions (PDF .1MB)
Previous page limits for teacher, executive and principal applications no longer apply. However, applicants need to ensure they address the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner. The links below provide guides on how to submit an application for advertised school positions on jobs.nsw.
Career opportunities within the Office of Communities
The information contained in this section of the website deals with careers in education and training. For details about employment opportunities in some of the department's other agencies, go to their websites below: