June 2017 project update
Since the last project update in May, the project team have finalised the detailed design and prepared the tender documentation for construction issue. The development application (DA) has progressed, and the date for the determination meeting has now been agreed.
Construction continues with the installation of the temporary demountable teaching accommodation, and lessons are now underway in these spaces. Works to relocate hydroponics and agricultural facilities within the proposed construction area have also been completed.
Next steps and key events
- Issue tender documentation to selected construction contractors
- Clear out remaining furniture and equipment from redundant buildings and teaching demountables
- The new STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) focused building will feature:
- Additional science labs and modern Technological and Applied Studies (TAS), Visual Arts,Food & Textile facilities that are based on future-focused learning models with collaborative and flexible learning spaces
- Proximity to existing science labs to maximise learning & teaching synergies.
Image: New demountables installed
Image: View of STEAM facility from Roy Watts Road.