February 2017 project update
The project team have continued with the detailed design phase – working alongside the school and the NSW Department of Education Technical Stakeholder Group.
Early consultation with shortlisted contractors for the demolition and construction works has also begun, allowing for input on buildability and logistics.
The new STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) focused building will feature:
- Additional science labs and modern Technological and Applied Studies (TAS), Visual Arts and Food & Textile facilities, which are based on future focused learning models with collaborative and flexible learning spaces.
- Proximity to existing science labs to maximise learning and teaching synergies.
Next steps and key events
- Continue the detailed design work, including the development of furniture layout plans and construction drawings.
- Continue the early engagement process with shortlisted contractors for the demolition and construction works.
- Consultation with the community will continue.
Provide comment, feedback questions or concerns via our project survey.
Thursday, 23 March 2017, 2:00pm-4:00pm, Glenquarie Town Centre.
Future community information booths will also be advertised in the Macarthur Chronicle local newspaper.