January 2017 project update
The project team have continued with the detailed design. Detailed design workshops have continued with the school and the NSW Department of Education Technical Stakeholder Group.
Early consultation with shortlisted contractors for the demolition and construction works has begun to obtain input on buildability and logistics.
Image 1: 3D rendering aerial view of the new STEAM facility.
Image 2: 3D rendering view of the new STEAM facility from Roy Watts Road entrance.
Image 3: 3D rendering view of the new STEAM facility.
Image: 3D views of the potential internal spaces.
The new STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) focused building will feature:
- additional science labs and modern Technological and Applied Studies (TAS), Visual Arts, Food & Textile facilities that are based on future focused learning models with collaborative and flexible learning spaces
- proximity to existing science labs to maximise learning and teaching synergies.
Next steps and key events
- Continue detailed design work
- Continue the early engagement process with shortlisted contractors for the demolition and construction works
- More consultation and workshops to further refine the design
Upcoming information booths
- 23 February 2017, 2pm-4:00pm, Glenquarie Town Centre
- 23 March 2017, 2pm-4:00pm, Glenquarie Town Centre
Future community information booths will also be advertised in the Macarthur Chronicle local newspaper.