April 2017 project update
Since the last project update in March, the project team have continued to develop the masterplan for the site, including further investigations into what university facilities may be utilised by students of the new school. Timetabling consultants have also been engaged to verify the schedule of accommodation and workshops, and are in the process of consulting with the existing Hurlstone Agricultural High School (Glenfield) to determine, and agree on, the extent of memorabilia and artefacts that could be transferred or replicated.
The design, currently being developed, will reference the previously agreed Educational Principles and incorporate feedback from the investigations undertaken to date, information booths and wider consultation. Key to the design process will be to further understand the physical learning, social and living environments of the new facility.
Next steps and key events
The project team will continue to develop the design, and explore the school and boarding facility requirements in greater depth.
Upcoming activities include:
- establishment of working groups to guide shared and agricultural facilities, and how the culture and history of the Hurlstone Agricultural High School name can be incorporated into the new school
- workshops with staff and key stakeholders to further inform the design process will be established
- development of a masterplan for the development of the school, in line with predicted enrolments.
We appreciate your input and feedback. Information booths will be held throughout the design process to provide the community with the opportunity to view plans/designs and provide input.
To date, information booths have been held on campus at Western Sydney University, Hawkesbury Campus and information booths at the local shopping centre Richmond Marketplace.
Future information booths are detailed below.
Provide comments, feedback and questions via our project survey, which can be found via the Survey Monkey website.
Upcoming information booths
Upcoming information booths will be advertised in the local newspaper the Hawkesbury Gazette.
- Thursday 27 April 2017 at Richmond Marketplace (outside Specsavers), 11:00am-1:00pm
- Thursday 25 May 2017 at Richmond Marketplace (between Prouds and Jeanswest), 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Thursday 29 June 2017 at Richmond Marketplace (between Prouds and Jeanswest), 12:30pm-2:30pm